Taking The Right Steps After A Personal Injury Is Important
The nature of personal injuries makes them unexpected. They’re not something you can plan ahead for, but knowing the best actions to take when you’ve experienced one, can make all the difference in your case. As the founding attorney of the Law Office Of Ruben M. Ruiz, I understand what you’re going through and am committed to helping you move through the legal process with confidence that we did all we could to protect your rights.
What You Should Know And Do
Following are actions I have personally seen benefit my clients:
- Do not talk to anyone regarding your case – The only protected and privileged communications are between a client and his/her licensed attorney.
- Preserve all evidence as soon as you can. Take pictures, save all documents/text/emails.
- Do not talk to the opposing party, insurance, or adjusters . The are not there to help you, but to get information from you to minimize the value of your case. These individuals are trained by big corporations on how to gain your confidence in effort to have you unknowingly waive your rights, not seek legal representation or do something to compromise the value of your claim, all to their benefit.
- Seek out and talk to an attorney as soon as possible. Some of your legal rights cannot be saved or protected if you do not raise them at the outset of the case.
- Trying to appease the other side in hopes that they like you does not result in their looking out for you. The other side is given a mission of obtaining as much damaging information from you to straighten their case. That is their sole purpose for talking with you.
- Many factors go into evaluating a case and each case is unique as to its facts, circumstances, events, etc. Do not compare your case to cases of family members or friends. Your case will be judged on its own merits. Advocate and protect yourself!
- Obtain and attorney to fight for you as soon as possible. Your freedom, health and finances are at stake!
Learn How I Can Help
If you or a loved one has been injured, I am here to help. Call my Ventura office at 805-644-8321 or complete my online contact form to schedule a free consultation today. Put a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side.